Wine and Chocolate PairingPosted in: guilty pleasures, Holidays, Wine Pairing, Wine Recommendations
Valentine’s Day is right around the corner
Double up on the anti-oxidant factors in wine and chocolate for an indulgent pairing!
- This is a great time to pull out your fortified wines! Ruby Port and Pedro Ximenez Sherry pair beautifully with chocolate!
- Champagne + milk chocolate covered strawberries is another classic pairing. Try a rosé sparkling wine to bring out the red berry flavors!
- Lambrusco, the slightly effervescent sweet red wine from Italy, is another great option.
- If you want to drink local and knock out 2 birds with one stone, try Cooper Vineyard’s Noche Chocolate Wine. This Norton dessert wine infused with chocolate is like a chocolate dessert in a wine glass!
- If you prefer to stick to dry red wines, a fruit forward Syrah or Zinfandel is the way to go!
- Finally, if beer is more your style, try “The Fix” at Bluejacket, a DC microbrewery.
If you’re still unsure, there are a ton of FREE Valentine’s day wine tastings this weekend around the District!
Paul’s Wine and Spirits will be hosting a sparkling wine & chocolate tasting this evening in Friendship Heights from 5:30-8:00 PM, featuring 12 different wines!
Wagshal’s will be pairing Austrian wines with Godiva Chocolate from 5-7 PM.
There is a Valentine’s Day Showcase at Chat’s Liquors on Saturday 3-6 PM. Be sure to say hi to my former colleague, Jody!
Check back early next week for some great wine events over Valentine’s Day weekend and an exciting giveaway!
Thanks so much for the wine tasting suggestions! What fun.
Pingback: Bon Vivant on the Road: Texas Wine | Bon Vivant