Outdoor Entertaining Tips from Robert Mondavi IVPosted in: Bon Vivant, Champagne, Drink Well, Entertaining, Event Planning, Events, Helpful Hints, Porch wine, Rosé, Seasonal Sips, Tried and Trues, Wine Recommendations, Winemakers, Wineries and Vineyards
I recently chatted with Rob Mondavi IV, 4th Generation winemaker, from his beautiful waterfront home in Beaufort, South Carolina. He had some great tips for outdoor entertaining as we come into the summertime entertaining season.
Mondavi pulls inspiration from California wine country, Europe, South America and Southern Coastal traditions, but his tips work well no matter where you live!
Check out some of his outdoor entertaining tips below and click here to see the full interview!
- Green & Eco-friendly are trends that are easy to incorporate. Mondavi recommends recycled materials with longevity like Trex decking materials.
- Make sure your guests have a place to set their drinks- you can even incorporate a cocktail rail into decking! Alternatively, set out cocktail tables or garden stools.
- Plan intimate events, bigger isn’t always better.
- Serve Bubbly! “It can mark a moment at the party.”
- When it comes to food, focus on farm to table and sourcing local, fresh products. I love visiting Eastern Market and Union Market in DC to pick up local, fresh ingredients.
- Mondavi’s go to porch wine: Chardonnay! Aromatic whites and dry Rosés are also great options that are trending.
What are some of your favorite outdoor entertaining tips?